Home Water Storage Tank
Water storage, such as in a home water storage tank, should be the top priority to any emergency preparedness plan. Because a large portion of our bodies are made of water, it is imperative that we consume H2O on a daily basis. We can go without food for several days, but without at least a gallon-a-day of water, we cannot survive.
There are many ways to safely store water. First consider how much water you need to store. At a rate of a gallon-a-day, you will need 7-14 gallons per week per person. Next, purchase the appropriate water storage containers such as:
- 5 gallon collapsible bags
- 6 gallon Mylar water storage bags
55 gallon water storage
- A water storage container to match whatever you need. Plastic containers may be purchased all the way up to 10,000 gallons. Now that's a lot of water!
Make sure that the container you puchase is black or dark green to prevent light from entering and promote algea growth. You should plan on rotating your water supply every 6 months.
Water should be purified prior to drinking. This can be done by ONE of the following ways:
- Boil it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 10 drops of household bleach or iodine per gallon, mix well and allow it to sit for half-an-hour.
- Use purification tablets.
For the best water storage solutions, visit our friends at
or visit our
There you will find water storage solutions of all shapes and sizes - perefect for any need.
Return from Home Water Storage Tank to Emergency Preparedness HQ